Chat on Desk is a product of Cozy Vision Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Cozy Vision Technologies Pvt. Ltd. ( “Cozy Vision”, “chatondesk.com”, “Chat on Desk”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) provides a Software as a Service (SaaS) that allows our customers to store, manipulate, analyze and transfer messages between their business systems and their customers on a variety of Cozy Vision Technologies Pvt. Ltd. provided and third party messaging channels (the “Service”). A “Customer” is an entity with whom Cozy Vision Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has an agreement to provide the Service.
This Chat on Desk Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) is an agreement between the Customer and Cozy Vision Technologies Pvt. Ltd., together the “Parties” and each, a “Party”, and is entered the date the Customer signs up for a Chat on Desk account through the Cozy Vision Technologies Pvt. Ltd. website (the “Effective Date”).
If you register for a Chat on Desk account, you acknowledge your understanding of these terms and enter the Agreement on behalf of Customer. Please make sure you have the necessary authority to enter into the Agreement on behalf of the Customer before proceeding.
If a Customer violates any of the terms outlined below, we reserve the right to cancel accounts or bar access to accounts without notice. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use our Services.
Chat on Desk may refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
BY USING ANY ELEMENT OF THE CHAT ON DESK SOLUTION (INCLUDING THE WEBSITE), CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CUSTOMER HAS READ, ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. IF CUSTOMER DOES NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, CUSTOMER WILL IMMEDIATELY CEASE ANY FURTHER USE OF THE CHAT ON DESK SOLUTION, INCLUDING USE OF ANY PART THEREOF. CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS TO CHAT ON DESK THAT CUSTOMER HAS THE CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THIS LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. IF CUSTOMER IS USING THE CHAT ON DESK SOLUTION ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON, CUSTOMER HEREBY REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS TO CHAT ON DESK THAT CUSTOMER HAS THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH PERSON TO THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Chat on Desk Platform
2. Modifications to the Service and Fees
Chat on Desk reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service at any time for any reason with or without notice.
Chat on Desk reserves the right to change our monthly/annually fees upon 30 days notice. Fee change will be notified per email to all our subscribers and will be reflected on the pricing page of www.chatondesk.com.
Chat on Desk reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Should you continue to use the Service after any such modifications have been made, this shall constitute your agreement to such modifications.
3. Trademark License
During the Term, Customer hereby grants to Chat on Desk a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sub-licensable (other than to affiliates) royalty-free licence to use Customer’s trademarks and logos made available to Chat on Desk by Customer as part of this Agreement, solely in connection with the marketing, advertising, and promotion of the Chat on Desk Solution, including listing the Customer and the Customer Application on the Chat on Desk Website; and only in accordance with Customer’s reasonable trademark usage guidelines, as updated by Customer from time to time. Customer may require Chat on Desk to cease using Customer’s trademarks and logos if, in the reasonable opinion of Customer, the continued display of Customer’s trademarks and logos would cause a materially adverse effect on Customer’s image and the goodwill associated therewith.
4. Copyrights & Ownership
Chat on Desk expressly reserves all rights, title, and interest in, and Customer will not acquire any right, title or interest in: (i) the Chat on Desk Solution (or any part thereof) and any other materials or content provided by Chat on Desk under this Agreement, including any and all Modifications to any of the foregoing; and (ii) all intellectual property rights in any of the foregoing (clauses (i) and (ii) are collectively, the “Chat on Desk Property”), in each case. All right, title and interest in the Chat on Desk Property will remain with Chat on Desk (or Chat on Desk’s third party suppliers, as applicable). Customer may not copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any aspect of the Service which Chat on Desk or its suppliers own. Customer agrees not to resell, duplicate, reproduce or exploit any part of the Service without the express written permission of Chat on Desk. For greater certainty, the Chat on Desk Property is licensed and not “sold” to Customer.
Chat on Desk claims no intellectual property rights over the Content you upload or provide to the Service.
Chat on Desk’s Right to Use Customer Data
Customer acknowledges and agrees that Chat on Desk may store, use, reproduce, Modify, and transfer to its subcontractors, Customer Data, including Personal Data, solely in connection with delivering the Services under this Agreement. Customer further acknowledges and agrees that Chat on Desk may store, use, reproduce, Modify, and transfer data that is not related to an identified or identifiable natural person, including aggregated or de-identified data, without limitation, for its internal business purposes, including but not limited to such purposes as analytics, quality assurance, product and service improvement, and new product and service development. Customer agrees to cause any Administrative User, Customer’s Client, and Chat Participant to agree to the terms.
5. Customer Responsibilities
Customer Accounts. Upon Customer’s request, Chat on Desk will issue one or more administrator accounts (the “Administrator Accounts”) to Customer that provides Customer with the capability to create accounts for use by individuals who are an employee or contractor of Customer and that Customer wishes to have access to and use of the Chat on Desk Platform (each, an “Administrative User”). Customer will ensure that Administrative Users only use the Chat on Desk Platform through their Customer Account. Customer will not share the Administrator Accounts with any other person and will not allow Administrative Users to share their Customer Account with any other person. Customer will promptly notify Chat on Desk of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the Chat on Desk Platform. Chat on Desk reserves the right to suspend, deactivate, or replace any Customer Account or Administrator Accounts if it determines that the Customer Account or Administrator Account, as applicable, may have been used for an unauthorized purpose.
Customers are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your accounts. Chat on Desk will not be held liable for any damage or loss that may result from your failure to protect your login information, including your password.
Use Restrictions. Customer acknowledges and agrees that it is responsible for the activities and communications of all Administrative Users and Chat Participants on the Chat on Desk Platform, and the compliance by all Administrative Users, Customer’s Clients and Chat Participants with this Agreement, and any guidelines and policies published by Chat on Desk from time to time.
The Customer is fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You are responsible for all Content send and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is sent by others to your account).
Without limiting the generality of any of the foregoing, Customer will not, and will not permit any other person (including any Administrative Users, Customer’s Clients or Chat Participants) to:
– use the Chat on Desk Platform to send, upload, collect, transmit, store, use, disclose or process, or ask Chat on Desk to obtain from third parties or perform any of the above with respect to, any Customer Data:
that contains any computer viruses, worms, malicious code, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data;
that Customer or the applicable Administrative User, Customer’s Client or Chat Participant does not have the lawful right to send, upload, collect, transmit, store, use, disclose, process, copy, transmit, distribute and display;
that is false, intentionally misleading, or impersonates any other person;
that is bullying, harassing, abusive, threatening, vulgar, obscene, or offensive, or that contains pornography, nudity, or graphic or gratuitous violence, or that promotes violence, racism, discrimination, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
that is harmful to minors in any way or targeted at persons under the age of 16;
that violates any applicable laws, or infringes, violates or otherwise misappropriates the intellectual property or other rights of any third party (including any moral right, privacy right or right of publicity); or
that encourages any conduct that may violate, any applicable laws or would give rise to civil or criminal liability;
– disable, overly burden, impair, or otherwise interfere with servers or networks connected to the Chat on Desk Platform (e.g., a denial of service attack);
– attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Chat on Desk Platform;
– use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods, or copy, Modify, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, disassemble, or decompile the Chat on Desk Solution or any part thereof or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement;
– use the Chat on Desk Solution for the purpose of building a similar or competitive product or service; or
– use the Chat on Desk Solution other than as permitted by this Agreement;
6. Email and Web Support
Customer will generally have access to Chat on Desk’s technical support from 10:00am to 7:00pm IST (GMT+5:30) on weekdays (other than holidays observed by Chat on Desk) through email support, or through the web site using our chat widget, or by mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Fees and Payment
Fees. Customer will pay to Chat on Desk the applicable fees described on the www.chatondesk.com Website (the “Fees”) during the Term in accordance with the payment terms set out herein.
Third Party Messaging Platform Fees. For greater clarity, Chat on Desk’s Fees do not include any charges that may be assessed by Third Party Messaging Platforms for access to or use of a channel. Such charges shall be the responsibility of Customer, whether paid directly to the Third Party Messaging Platforms or whether such access is resold through Chat on Desk, in which case Chat on Desk shall advise Customer in writing as to the applicable charges and Customer shall have the right to accept such charges or decline them and not use the associated channel. In the event a Third Party Messaging Platforms imposes special requirements on Chat on Desk beyond API integrations, including but not limited to hosting endpoints unique to that channel, then Chat on Desk shall have the right to charge Customer for this additional service and Customer shall have the right to accept such charges or decline them and not use the associated channel.
– All Fees shall be in U.S. Dollars;
– The Fees start immediately after you make the payment. The onboarding verification time is counted towards the subscription.
– One-time onboarding fee for WhatsApp Green Checkmark Verification is non-refundable. WhatsApp holds absolute discretion whether to grant Green Checkmark, that they verify Customer as an authentic, notable brand that owns the WhatsApp account. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/guides/display-name/
– Chat on Desk shall charge and invoice the Customer applicable Fees in accordance with our pricing schedule, in advance, by credit card, on the Effective Date and on every anniversary thereafter. Subscription Fees is charged on a pre-pay basis. and usage Fees is charged on a post-pay basis at the end of each month, and will cover the use of that variable messages fees for the previous month. All monthly & usage payments are nonrefundable.
– There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
– Payment obligations hereunder are not subject to any set-off or withholding rights whatsoever, any and all of which are hereby expressly waived by Customer.
– Disputed Invoices or Charges. If Customer in good faith disputes any portion of a Chat on Desk invoice or charge, Customer may provide a dispute notice to Chat on Desk with written documentation identifying and substantiating the disputed amount within fifteen (15) days from receipt of the applicable invoice or charge, and if applicable, at the time it pays the undisputed portion of such invoice, withhold payment of such disputed portion. If Customer does not report or does not provide such substantiating documentation within that period, Customer shall be deemed to have waived its right to dispute any and all portions of that invoice.
– Late Payment. Except for bona fide disputed amounts, any failure to make a payment of any Fees or taxes in strict conformity with the requirements entitle Chat on Desk to suspend, in whole or in part, access to Services, until such payment is received. Additionally, Chat on Desk shall assess and Customer shall pay a charge, compounded monthly, of the lesser of (a) 1.5% per month (19.56% per year) or (b) the highest amount allowed by law on all past due amounts (except amounts disputed). Furthermore, upon any such failure all outstanding amounts shall become due and payable without further delay.
– Any cancellation of your Account will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. This information cannot be recovered from Chat on Desk once your account is cancelled.
– Taxes. The Fees set out in this Agreement do not include applicable taxes, duties, withholdings, tariffs, levies, customs, capital or income taxes or other governmental charges or expenses, including but not limited to value added tax, sales tax, consumption tax and similar taxes or duties as well as any current or future municipal, state, federal or provincial taxes, and Customer will pay, indemnify and hold harmless Chat on Desk from same, other than taxes based on the net income or profits of Chat on Desk.
8. Limitation of Liabilities
The Parties acknowledge that the following provisions have been negotiated by them and reflect a fair allocation of risk and form an essential basis of the bargain and will survive and continue in full force and effect despite any failure of consideration or of an exclusive remedy:
AMOUNT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF Chat on Desk IN CONNECTION WITH OR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $500USD, WHICHEVER IS THE LESSER. FOR GREATER CERTAINTY, THE EXISTENCE OF ONE OR MORE CLAIMS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THIS MAXIMUM LIABILITY AMOUNT. IN NO EVENT WILL CHAT ON DESK’S THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS AGREEMENT.
TYPE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Chat on Desk BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY USER FOR ANY: (I) SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (II) LOST SAVINGS, PROFIT, DATA, USE, OR GOODWILL; (III) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; (IV) ANY COSTS FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (V) PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH; OR (VI) PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OF ACTION OR THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL TERM) OR OTHERWISE AND EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9. Term and Termination
Chat on Desk makes no warranties regarding (i) your ability to use the Service, (ii) your satisfaction with the Service, (iii) that the Service will be available at all times, uninterrupted, and error-free (iv), the accuracy of mathematical calculations performed by the Service, and (v) that bugs or errors in the Service will be corrected. Chat on Desk and its affiliates are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Service. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service is to stop using the Service.
Term. This Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and continue to be in effect until your subscription has been terminated in accordance with the terms Customer agreed to on the Chat on Desk website at time of signup (the “Term”). For greater certainty, if Customer has subscribed to an ongoing subscription, then such subscription will automatically renew at its expiry for the same period of time, at the then-current subscription rate described on the Chat on Desk Website.
Termination For Convenience.
Either Party may elect to terminate this Agreement and your subscription to Chat on Desk services as of the end of your then current Term by providing notice, on or prior to the date thirty (30) days preceding the end of such Term. For clarity, unless this Agreement and your subscription is so terminated, your subscription will renew for a Term equivalent in length to the then expiring Term.
Customer is responsible for properly cancelling your Account. An email request to cancel your Account shall result in cancellation. Any cancellation of your Account will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. This information cannot be recovered from Chat on Desk once your account is cancelled. Please be aware of that. You can cancel at any time, but you will remain liable for all charges accrued up to that time, including full monthly charges for the month which you discontinued service. You will not be charged again.
Chat on Desk will use all reasonable efforts to contact you directly via email to warn you prior to suspension or termination of your account. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Chat on Desk shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service.
Termination For Non-payment.
Chat on Desk reserves the right to suspend Services if the Customer fails to timely pay any undisputed amounts due to Chat on Desk under this Agreement, but only after Chat on Desk notifies Customer of such failure and such failure continues for thirty (30) calendar days after such notification. Suspension of Services shall not release Customer of its payment obligations under this Agreement. Customer agrees that Chat on Desk shall not be liable to Customer or to any third party for any liabilities, claims or expenses arising from or relating to suspension of the Services resulting from Customer’s non-payment, unless Chat on Desk suspends the Services without giving Customer 30 calendar-days written notice to rectify its failure to pay.
Termination will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. This information cannot be recovered from Chat on Desk once your account is terminated. Please be aware of that.
Changes to This Terms and Conditions
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page.
These terms and conditions are effective as of 2022-07-05
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com